PEOPLE AND PET INNOVATION CENTER CONTRACT 1. THE DOG
You wish to have your dog participate in Training and/or Playgroups and/or Programming at the People and Pet Innovation Center (“PPIC”) (the “Dog”):
Dog's gender (Required) Are you the Owner of the Dog? (Required) Has your dog ever bitten, or tried to bite either a person or dog? (If you answer yes, this does not exclude you from training sessions at the PPIC and helps us to determine which sessions would be best for you.) (Required) Is your dog able to train in close proximity to other dogs without being reactive? (If you answer no, this does not exclude you from training sessions at the PPIC and helps us to determine which sessions would be best for you.) (Required) Is there any information we need to know that would prohibit your dog from being handled or trained by our staff? (If you answer yes, this does not exclude you from training sessions at the PPIC and helps us to determine which sessions would be best for you.) Vaccinations
Has your dog been vaccinated for the following diseases? Please respond with "Yes," "No," or "Don't know" to each question.
Leptospirosis (Response required) Canine influenza (Response required) DA2PPC (Response required) Rabies (Response required) 2. TRAINING.
PFL agrees to provide training and/or playgroup and/or other related activities/programming for you and/or the Dog. This may include basic obedience training, house breaking, crate training, socialization and/or playgroups for the Dog (the “Program”) at no charge to the Owner at PPIC. Owner agrees to maintain any training provided. PFL makes no warranties regarding the training or programs and is not responsible for any behavioral issues of the Dog. The Owner is responsible for the Dog. PFL is not responsible for the Dog. The owner agrees to defend and indemnify PFL with respect to any claims, legal actions, losses, injuries, damages, costs, expenses or liabilities arising from the Dog.
3. NO REPRESENTATIONS
You understand that PFL has no information regarding the Dog or any other dog that participates in the program other than what is provided by their respective owners. You agree that PFL makes no representations or warranties about the conditions, personality, trainability or temperament of the Dog or other dogs in the programs, nor is PFL legally responsible for the Dog while it is at PPIC.
4. VETERINARY CARE/VACCINATIONS
PFL is not responsible for veterinarian care of the Dog. In case of illness or injury while the Dog is participating in activities at PPIC, you agree to allow PFL to seek prompt veterinary care. You agree to be responsible for all costs associated with veterinary care. If medical care is needed while the Dog is in the program, PFL will promptly notify you that treatment is being sought so that you may have an opportunity to be involved in the medical decision-making process. You agree that you are responsible for any veterinary care and that PFL is not financially responsible for the costs of any treatment given to the Dog. Prior to participation in any program at PPIC, the Dog must have the following vaccinations and proof of vaccination is required: Rabies, Leptospirosis Bordetella, and DAPPv. PFL offers low cost vaccinations if the Dog requires vaccination.
The Dog must wear an identification tag while in the program.
Unless otherwise notified in writing, all notices / communications should be mailed to the following Paws for Life K9 Rescue’s mailing address: PAWS FOR LIFE K9 RESCUE, 1158 26th Street, Suite 187, Santa Monica, California 90403.
7. NO LIABILITY
You agree that PFL is not liable for any claims, legal actions, losses, injuries, damages, costs, expenses or liabilities whatsoever in connection with the Dog. You agree to read and sign the attached Voluntary Release / Waiver of Liability concurrently with your execution of this Agreement. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PFL and its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, loss and expenses of any kind or character arising out of or resulting from the work performed by PFL or occurring at PPIC pursuant to this Agreement. Such costs and expenses shall include reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by counsel of PFL’s choice.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; MODIFICATION; BINDING EFFECT
This Agreement (including the attached Voluntary Release/Waiver of Liability) is the entire agreement between us, and supersedes any prior understandings between us with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be valid unless in writing dully signed by both Parties. This Agreement is binding upon your and your heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives and executors.
If any dispute arises out of the breach, interpretation, enforcement or any other disagreement regarding this contract, any lawsuit filed shall be filed in the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
I, the undersigned, hereby grant to Paws for Life K9 Rescue permission to use, exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, display, in any form now know or later developed, photographs and images of the Dog and its family (“Materials”) by incorporating them into publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, photo exhibits, films, videotapes, social media outlets, and any other media, whether now known or later developed or commercial, informational, educational, advertising or promotional materials. I waive any right to inspect or to approve any works that may be created using the Materials and waive any claim with respect to the eventual use that the Materials may be used. I release and waive any rights and claims I may have now or in the future for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, copyright infringement, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of the use, exploitation, reproduction, adaption, distribution, broadcast or display of the Materials.
Enter today's date (Required) Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Year 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966 1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1959 1958 1957 1956 1955 1954 1953 1952 1951 1950 1949 1948 1947 1946 1945 1944 1943 1942 1941 1940 1939 1938 1937 1936 1935 1934 1933 1932 1931 1930 1929 1928 1927 1926 1925 1924 1923 1922 1921 1920
Enter today's date
Your digital signature (Required) Your address
(Required) Email (Required) VOLUNTARY RELEASE/WAIVER OF LIABILITY
This Voluntary Release/Waiver of Liability (the "Release") is made and entered into between the undersigned and Paws for Life K9 Rescue ("PFL") effective as of the below-indicated date. The undersigned desires for their Dog (as identified in the Contract) to participate in programs at the People and Pet Innovation Center ("PPIC") and/or with PFL. As an inducement to PFL to agree to allow the Dog to participate in programs at PPIC at no cost, the undersigned hereby represents, acknowledges and agrees as follows:
1. I acknowledge that, due to the unpredictable nature of animals, certain risks and dangers may occur while caring for/owning an animal, including risks of injury to person and property, and that I have voluntarily agreed to allow the Dog to participate in programs at PPIC and/or with PFL to the Dog with full knowledge of such risks and hereby voluntarily assume all of such risks. This includes, but is not limited to, dog bites and any injuries sustained by the undersigned or the Dog while at PPIC.
2. I acknowledge that PFL makes no disclosers and has no knowledge of the prior history specific to this Dog or any dog participating in programs at PPIC.
3. I agree that I will not make any claims against, sue or attach any property of PFL, its staff, directors, officers, agents, employees, attorneys and/or volunteers for any injury or damage caused by any animal(s) participating in programs at PPIC, or with PFL, or while at PPIC.
4. I hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish any and all actions or causes of action for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to me or third parties as a result of any action or activity of any animal(s) participating in programs at PPIC or with PFL, or while at PPIC, wherever and however the same may occur which I may have against PFL or any of its directors, officers, agents, attorneys, employees or volunteers, whether the same shall arise by the negligence of said persons or otherwise. IT IS MY INTENTION BY THIS INSTRUMENT TO WAIVE, EXEMPT AND RELIEVE PFL FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
5. I hereby agree to hold PFL and its directors, officers, attorneys, agents and/or employees harmless and indemnify them from and against any liability, claims, judgments or expenses I may incur arising out of participation in any programs or activities at PPIC or with PFL.
6. I specifically and expressly waive all rights under the provisions of Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, or any similar provision of law in any other jurisdiction. Section 1542 provides as follows:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
7. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT TOGETHER THEY CONSTITUTE A DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY BY PFL AND A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS BY ME. I UNDERSTAND THAT I ASSUME ALL RISKS INHERENT IN MY DECISION TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES AT PPIC, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TRAINING AND PLAYGROUPS PROVIDED BY PFL AND ANY RELATED ACTIVITIES. I VOLUNTARILY SIGN BELOW TO EVIDENCE MY ACCEPTANCE OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS.
8. If any portion of this Release is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance hereof shall continue in full legal force and effect.
This Voluntary Release/Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) is made and entered into between the undersigned and Paws for Life K9 Rescue (“PFL”) effective as of the below-indicated date. The undersigned desires for their Dog (as identified in the Contract) to participate in programs at the People and Pet Innovation Center (“PPIC”) and/or with PFL. As an inducement to PFL to agree to allow the Dog to participate in programs at PPIC at no cost, the undersigned hereby represents, acknowledges and agrees as follows:
9. This Release is governed by the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements entered into and fully performed therein.
Executed at pawsforlifek9.org on the following date: (Required) Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Year 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966 1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1959 1958 1957 1956 1955 1954 1953 1952 1951 1950 1949 1948 1947 1946 1945 1944 1943 1942 1941 1940 1939 1938 1937 1936 1935 1934 1933 1932 1931 1930 1929 1928 1927 1926 1925 1924 1923 1922 1921 1920 Name (Required)
After you sign and submit this form, you will be taken to our booking page to select a training session for you and your dog.